Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring Fever

Can you feel it? The fresh smell of Spring in the air has pulled me out to the weed beds for some sprucing up! Oops, I mean the flower beds, yet I can't see them for all the weeds. I know I'm not the only one with the problem, am I? If I were more disciplined in the fall, I'm sure I wouldn't have such an overgrowth in the early spring because things just get away from me in the Spring and before I know, voila - a full blown weed bed where my flowers are!

So, I have been out there pulling the weeds, sprinkling the granules of weed prevention in hopes it will help even a little. We purchased a few flowers yesterday, ok....a lot of flowers! LOL  I've changed to impatients this year rather than the petunias to see if those tolerate our heat a little better, because I know it couldn't have had anything to do with ME that the petunias didn't thrive last summer - no way!

I have some new trailing plants for a few hanging baskets and I'm anxious to see how those do so I'm headed outside today for sprucing things up and making the areas more pleasing to the eye when we're on our deck in the shade with our favorite beverages!

Happy Spring to all of you and I do hope you have a better handle on your weeds than I do! How are your flower beds doing and what's growing where you're at?