Saturday, July 30, 2011

Revisiting my historical....I love English settings!

     I know I'm not alone in my love for novels set on English soil whose characters steal a few moments hidden in the castle alcoves, fall in love in a crowded ballroom, get whisked off for an adventure at sea with a handsome pirate or duke! If you also love those romantic settings that take you speeding in a carriage through the dark foggy streets of London at night, let's chat a bit.


     We all know life back then wasn't a bed of roses but those of us who are true romantics don't see the hardships our characters truly had to endure. That stuff isn't romantic though we know it existed. We prefer to see the love that blossomed between two people as they flirted among queen's court or across a crowded room. 



    Those are the things that made me want to bring my characters to life in No Turning Back. If you've not downloaded or purchased a copy yet, I invite you to click on the book on the left side and read Chapter One. I have a page on my website with more info on the characters. If you search the prior postings here on my blog, you'll find character interviews where you'll learn more about my hero and heroine. I hope you fall in love with them the way I did!

     What do you most enjoy when looking for a good romance set in England? Do you have a favorite time period? I love the 1700's in England as well as some of the medieval time periods. I also like those set in Scotland and Ireland. One author comes to mind - Renee Vincent- author of a series of medieval romances set in Ireland. Hop over and check out her Emerald Isle Trilogy. You will fall in love with her characters!


     Thank you all for stopping in to see what's happening or what I'm up to this week. I am working on book three, Whispers at Ghost Point, for which I've had to push the release date back to November 2011. Chapter One can be read on the left sidebar as well. Please note that this is NOT the final cover for the book; I wanted to show you something though. I am bringing back the characters from No Turning Back - the story is a contemporary in present day. I hope you enjoy both books.

CONTEST:      Winner is:    Diane D - Florida

***Diane - pls email me at deanna.jewel at yahoo.com - you didn't leave me your email so I could contact you. Sorry! I need to mail the book to you!


      Winner will receive a signed copy of No Turning Back and a goodie bag filled with author book marks. Leave a comment to be in the drawing and I will pick a winner using random.org on August 7th!