Monday, July 23, 2012

RaShelle Workman - YA Sci-Fi Romance


RaShelle Workman
YA Fantasy/Romance
 
     Thank you for stopping by this week! I've another special treat for you. We're at 9,400 feet in the Colorado Rockies at Glacier Gorge Junction to enjoy a picnic spread with enough food for everyone! Our picnic tables are close together so you can chat with RaShelle. I'm honored to have her here this week to continue with the YA Fantasy books we heard about all month. RaShelle has several books out and several series so be sure you head over to her site and check them all out.

Deanna:
RaShelle, the number of books you have available is amazing! Congratulations on the many series that envelope your books. Tell us a bit about yourself.

RaShelle: I’ve lived all over the US, and have been to Canada, and Taiwan. 

Deanna:  For an evening out, would it be dinner or a movie? What would the dinner be? What might the movie be?

RaShelle:  I’d choose dinner over a movie. Food is my favorite. Dinner would be Fondu. It was all the rage in the 70’s and has started to make a comeback. The movies would be action/adventure. Like The Avengers, Iron Man, or Brave.

Deanna:  Fondu is wonderful! What's your favorite beverage?

RaShelle:  I prefer water, and cherry coke zero.

Deanna:  What do you do to relax when you aren’t writing?

RaShelle:  I love to read, watch a good movie, or play games with my family. 


EXILED (#1 Immortal Essence Series)
Worlds divided them. Chance brought 
them together. Only love will save them. 


Deanna:  Do you have to split your writing time between a day job?

RaShelle:  My children and husband are top priority. After them, I write.

Deanna:  How many plots do you include in one of your books?

RaShelle:  I choose a main theme, and then have a couple of sub-plots. It’s fun keeping readers on their toes.

Deanna:  Our readers are pretty smart and most can follow more than one two plot lines! They also love to know how writers spend their day. Tell us about a typical day in your life as a writer.

RaShelle:  Typical day: Breakfast in bed while my feet are massaged. Shower. Write. Fly to Paris, France for lunch with my husband. Write in a nearby garden. Fly home, and have a BBQ with friends.

Deanna:  Okay, I'm coming to your house for a week! What one thing would you pass on to new writers?

RaShelle:  Be patient with yourself. Writing takes practice. Even the most gifted gymnast has to practice several hours a day. Make sure you do the same.

Deanna:  Do your books have a common theme or are they all different?

RaShelle:  My common them is always LOVE.

Deanna:  Tell us about your latest book and the type of reader if may appeal to. 

 RaShelle:  My latest book is a series entitled “Blood and Snow.” The first three novelettes are out, and the fourth will be out in a few weeks. It’ll appeal to anyone who enjoys fractured fairytales, vampires, and magic.

CONTEST:  Up for grabs is a $5 amazon gift card! In your comment,  include your email so she can contact the winner and tell us what you like best about reading Fantasy Fiction...is the characters, the fantasy world, the powers? One winner will be picked by RaShelle on Saturday! Good luck and again, thank you for stopping in.



Author of YA sci-fi romance & romantic thrillers




Blurb for Sleeping Roses:  Her marriage may be dangerous, but leaving could be deadly.
 

SLEEPING ROSES (#1 Dead Roses Series)
Sophie married into a lie. It's hunter versus hunted. 




CONTEST:  Up for grabs is a $5 amazon gift card! In your comment,  include your email so she can contact the winner and tell us what you like best about reading Fantasy Fiction...is the characters, the fantasy world, the powers? One winner will be picked by RaShelle on Saturday! Good luck and again, thank you for stopping in.


7 comments:

  1. I find I enjoy so-called YA writing as well as "adult" books. I look forward to reading yours. Dee
    grammyd01 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna - thanks for hosting me this week. It sure was fun answering your questions. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I like the characters in Fantasy Fiction.
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome RaShelle and thanks for haning out with me this week! The Rockies are one of my favorite places. The beauty of the wild wilderness takes my breath away everytime I visit there! Waterfalls are another of my favorite things so it was fun putting together your interview!

    Readers, thank you for joining us here and we hope you enjoy your visit. Please roam around both of our sites, book mark them so you can return later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fantasy world. It is so different than the real world and you can create impossible universes that are interesting to read about.


    spicedice45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hard cause I really like all 3 together. The characters, the fantasy world, & their powers. Love your book covers. Your books sound really good.
    Sue B
    katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete