Monday, September 2, 2013

Erotic Romance Author, LP Dover hangs out this week!

L.P. Dover
Erotic Romance
  
     Welcome! This week we'll be going into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina as we hang with L.P. Dover, the setting fort her newest release. I love being in the mountains whether they're in the east or the west! We've gathered at a small area so we can all get to know her better so grab a seat and let's get started. 

Deanna:  LP, welcome to my blog this week. Your cover is beautiful and gives us a teaser of what's inside. Before we get to that point, tell us a bit about yourself.

L.P. Dover: I am completely OCD about things. I love to wear yoga pants even though my husband hates them, but I don’t see the point in getting dressed up just to sit in front of the computer and write. I guess it doesn’t help that I always wear them wherever I go *snickers* One of these days I’ll find fashion again.

Deanna:  For an evening out, would it be dinner or a movie? What would the dinner be? What might the movie be?

L.P. Dover: It would definitely be dinner! I get irritated when I go to movies and you have to listen to cell phones going off and people talking the whole time. I would rather wait an extra couple of months, buy the movie, and watch it in the comfort of my home. The dinner would most likely be Italian. I love me some lasagna.

Deanna:  Do you prefer wine, whiskey, scotch, or ice tea?

L.P. Dover: Hmm … hard question. Can I say all of them? Actually my favorites that I drink all the time would be wine and sweet tea.

Deanna:  What do you do to relax when you aren’t writing?

L.P. Dover: READING!! And sometimes I like to cut on Pride and Prejudice. I can watch that movie over and over and not get tired of it.

Deanna:  Do you have to split your writing time between a day job?

L.P. Dover: Yes, I have to split it between watching my girls. It’s hard to write with my daughters wreaking havoc all day so I basically get all of my writing done during nap times and late at night. It’s exhausting.

Deanna: As authors, we’ve sometimes been accused of being several people. How many personalities live in your mind?

L.P. Dover: According to my husband, A LOT … lol. He actually said the other day that he thinks my mind is stuck outside of reality that I’m in another world. I don’t know what I’m going to do if I ever write under a pen name. I might seriously believe I’m someone else.

Deanna:  How many plots do you include in one of your books?

L.P. Dover: I pretty much do just one major plot, but then have side ones to help out with the building up of the other books in my series.

Deanna:  Readers love to know how writers spend their day. Tell us about a typical day in your life as a writer.

L.P. Dover: I spend mine chasing my three year old around the house, grocery shopping, laundry, writing, and cooking. During the summer though, my girls and I love to go to Carowinds and go swimming. So far this summer that’s what we’ve been doing all the time, hence the reason I haven’t gotten any writing done … lol.

Deanna:  What one thing would you pass on to new writers?

L.P. Dover: To never give up, even when you feel at your lowest. I’ve been there and contemplated quitting several times, but I keep going. It takes a lot of work to get out there, but if you put your heart into it, you will succeed.

Deanna:  Do your books have a common theme or are they all different?

L.P. Dover: I try to make them all different. I don’t want any of my books the same.

Deanna:  What are the physical characteristics that you admire in a man?

L.P. Dover: As far as physical attributes I look at the eyes, arms, and hands. The eyes are the way to the soul and if I get lost in them that’s a plus. Arms … I love a man with muscles that’ll make me feel protected when he holds me. Finally, the hands … the loving hands that’ll wipe away the tears when I cry and hold mine when I need the comfort. Basically, I just described my wonderful husband.

Deanna:  Wow! That's a great description! Our readers would love to meet him, I'm sure. Readers are anxious to hear about your latest book and the type of reader if may appeal to.

 L.P. Dover: My latest book is Love, Lies, and Deception. It’s a spicy and suspenseful book so those readers out there that love passion and intrigue would love this novel. There’s romance involved, and it’s not a sappy love story. As you can tell by the title, it includes LOVE, plenty of lies, and a great amount of Deception. It will get your heart racing and your mind reeling.

Deanna:  What should we know about Alec, the hero of your latest book?

L.P. Dover: Alec, is the hero of Love, Lies, and Deception. He has a past that he keeps hidden, but he has to keep it hidden. It will unfold in the book, but he’ll keep you guessing until he comes clean. He’s strong, athletic, and very much determined to have Marissa all to himself. His secrets intrigue her and she finds herself falling for him. What’s not to love … he’s HOT and definitely an alpha male.

Deanna:  Tell us about Marissa, the heroine of your latest book.

L.P. Dover: Marissa, is the heroine of Love, Lies, and Deception. She’s a smart girl in college who is about to graduate. She loves nature and the mountains where she attends college. She’s had a hard life, losing her parents and trying to make a place in the world. When she meets the alluring Alec she finds herself in a whirlwind of passion and danger. His secrets come back to haunt him and it brings a whole new world to Marissa’s doorstep. She’s strong, and when things start to happen for the worst she doesn’t buckle, she meets the danger head on.

Deanna:  Many authors put together a list of music they listen to during the creation of their books. I understand you have such a list. Tell us about that!



L.P. Dover: For some reason, I’ve been really excited about the playlist to Love, Lies, and Deception. I usually don’t listen to music when I write, but this book called to me … lol. I know this is crazy, but I am a HUGE fan of 90’s R&B music. Not all of the songs are from the 90’s, but the majority of them are and I wanted to share with you what I listened to as I wrote Love, Lies, and Deception.


Playlist:

When Can I see You by Babyface

Anytime by Brian McKnight

I Wanna Sex You Up by Color Me Badd

All My Life by K-Ci and JoJo

Don’t Leave Me by Blackstreet

Numb by Linkin Park

Cupid by 112

Too Close by Next

You Make Me Wanna by Usher

In the End by Linkin Park

Twisted by Keith Sweat

Back at One by Brian McKnight


Excerpt:


Kristian was leaning against the wall with his muscular arms crossed at his chest. His smoky gray eyes watched me intently as I made my way to him, and it made me nervous. I’d never seen him look at me like that, with such longing and need.

When I approached, he loosened his arms and pulled me straight into them, enveloping me in his scent of bodywash and cologne; he smelled completely different from Alec, like they had their own enticing scent. He was wearing the cologne I had given him for his birthday the year before, and it made me smile as I laid my head on his chest.
“Please don’t go, Marissa. I can take you somewhere and keep you safe. Why does it have to be him? If anything, it’s more dangerous since whoever is after you is only doing it because of him.”
In all honesty, he had a point, but I didn’t want to imagine not going with Alec. I held onto Kristian tighter and breathed him in. I was going to miss him so much.
“I have to go, Kristian,” I whispered. “And I have to go with Alec. I don’t want you or any of our friends being targets just because of me. If anything happened to any of you I would never forgive myself.”
Kristian let me go and placed both of his hands on my cheeks, lifting my face up. “I’m not going to know what to do without you, Mare. You’ve been such a huge part of my life for so long. Just please promise me that you’ll call me or text if you need anything.”
Smiling, I leaned into his hand and placed mine over the top of his. “Always,” I whispered wholeheartedly. A lone tear escaped out of the corner of my eye and Kristian wiped it away with his thumb.
A pained look crossed his face and my heart shattered for him. “Be safe, Marissa.”
“I will,” I said, slowly backing away from him. “But I have to go.”
As soon as I turned to leave, Kristian grabbed my arm and pulled me to him, crushing his lips against mine. They were firm yet soft, and the desire that flowed through them to me shot through my body like electricity. Kristian had never kissed me like that before, or ever for that matter. The kiss only lasted briefly because Alec came up behind me and tore me away from him, and stepped in front of me.
In a low, menacing voice Alec said, “If I ever see you touch her like that again I’m gonna rip off your arms and shove them up your ass. Be thankful I can’t do anything about it now, but when we come back you better watch out.”
Kristian met Alec head on. “I’d like to see you try,” he sneered.


L.P. Dover can be found at:


Twitter: @LPDover





Contests: Readers can access my Facebook page, we do giveaways almost daily.